Update: The application period closed on Jan. 31, 2023.
Ready to make a difference?
If you want to help improve the health and wellness of the Alaskans living in the Mat-Su, then this may be the opportunity for you!
We typically seek board members with expertise in finance/banking, legal/law, primary care, healthcare and real estate. While all Mat-Su residents meeting the board requirements described below are eligible to apply, we have a goal of broadening the perspectives represented on the board. Previous board experience is not required.
The MSHF Board meets every other month for three hours, usually in Wasilla. In addition, Board members serve on committees that have additional meetings throughout the year. A strategic planning meeting is held annually and has a two- to three-day time commitment. Board terms last for three years and members may serve up to three consecutive terms. This is an unpaid position.
- Applicants must live in the Mat-Su Borough and be or become current members of Valley Hospital Association (dba Mat-Su Health Foundation).
- Applicants and their spouses cannot be employees of the Mat-Su Health Foundation, Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, Mat-Su Regional Urgent Care, Urgent Care Palmer, Urgent Care Settler’s Bay, Solstice Family Care, Mat-Su Women’s Health Specialists or Susitna Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Regularly attend and prepare for board meetings, as well as attend the annual membership meeting and other important gatherings.
- Represent MSHF to stakeholders and act as an ambassador for the organization.
- Select, support and evaluate the CEO.
- Review and approve the MSHF strategic plan, annual budget, annual operating plan, audit report, IRS 990 and other fiduciary responsibilities.
- Work with other board members in the best interest of MSHF.
- Complete a Confidentiality Agreement and Conflict of Interest Declaration.